Graham is a dynamic and engaging speaker whose presentation spoke to both primary and secondary parents and offered clear and practical strategies to assist with the challenges faced in raising pre-teens and teens.
Graham has a very interesting and unique method of delivering a host of issues that are very relevant to our youth.
Engaging and informative; thoughtful and insightful
Graham is extremely engaging, entertaining and thought provoking.
- Very motivational. A joy to listen to. Very realistic.
- What a positive way to end the day
- Yes, he does talk too fast
- Wonderful to listen to
- Very interesting & funny
- Very funny. Easy to listen to. Inspiring.
- Made me feel like what I do during my workday is important/valuable & makes a difference. SASS rarely feel this.
- Very funny / also inspirational. Worth the wait. Well done.
- Very funny and oh so true.
- Very entertaining
- Thank you so much
- Not long enough
- Maybe in morning to motivate for day – gets people laughing
- Made the last hour fly. Great speaker. Loved it.
- Made afternoon go quickly – great speaker
- He was great
- I will try to take the 3 points with me & continue to use them daily.
- Fantastic. Could have listened all day.
- Great presentation
- Funny, good insights.
- Very enjoyable to listen to Graham.
- Excellent. Presentation fun & enjoyable.
- Excellent. Fabulous. Wonderful. Best of the day
- Excellent – enjoyed it.
- Could listen to Graham for 1/2 day
Many after school professional development sessions are soporific, not so with Graham he was energetic, funny, inspiring and most importantly relevant.
Excellent, engaging, entertaining and well researched
Very personable, amusing and dedicated to ‘bettering’ the lives of families through better parenting
It was a powerful and challenging presentation that really confirmed the value of having a relationship with our students.
Real, relevant & entertaining
I enjoyed the talk. It was engaging and gave me time to think through some pertinent issues with a clearer perspective. I thought the focus on pastoral care was valuable and insightful.
Style: Stand up comedy mixed with motivational speaker
Impact: positive and reinforcement of critical issues in a manner that DOES NOT come across as an adult hand on hip waving finger “tut tut tut”
Graham will be remembered for his humour and ability to make the children think about their situations at home.
Parents enjoyed the Presentation immensely. Will be booking year 9 and Living With Your Teenager programs for next year!
Graham uses humour to connect with the students and then is able to cut through to the essential messages relevant to teenagers. He was very well received!
Graham’s unique style of presentation kept the students engaged and enthusiastic not only for the presentation but for the rest of the weekend.
An Inspiring and enthusiatic man who has a knack of incorporating relatable humour to his teenage audience
- “Students were again inspired and talked about the session for the next week. We also used some of your ideas to reinforce their goals” Narelle Morris Coordinator Year 11 Academic Excellence Program, Palm Beach Currumbin High, Qld.
- Rating for relevance, quality and effectiveness: EXCELLENT! “Staff and students commented that the program was very worthwhile. Students found Graham easy to relate to and stated he covered aspects of their lives that were relevant. Students found the leadership “topics” useful and challenging. Kimberley Couch, Year 11 Coordinator Beerwah High School, QLD
- “Heard from a parent that her (year 11) daughter was disenchanted with school and wanted to drop out. On Friday (after Graham’s session) she informed her mother that she wanted to stick it out! Sue Wahl, Dean of Students, Peter Moyes Anglican Community College, WA
- “Once again Graham gave an energetic, whimsical and highly pertinent presentation to our year 12 students. He adeptly targeted the students and engaged them totally. Powerful, memorable and unforgettable!” Ross Huggard, Head of Senior School, Cranbourne Secondary College, Vic
- “The day was enormously successful on a range of fronts and for an exercise that was put together reasonably quickly, the benefits were enormous.” “To be able to hold the attention of 180 children of this age group (13-15), entertain them and get across a serious message was quite inspiring. Feedback from students was very positive.” Michelle Coats, Head of Boarding, Scotch Oakburn College, Launceston TAS
- “Following the staff professional development activity more than half the staff came and thanked either Graham or myself for organising the day. These were unsolicited comments. It was a great day – refreshing for staff and enjoyable.” Vanessa Crothers, Deputy Principal, Lockyer District High School Queensland
- “Very positive. All staff who participated thought it was a very worthwhile day’s activity. People have asked ‘When is he coming back?'” Geoff Robinson, Principal, Moree Secondary College, NSW
- “Graham is a very engaging speaker and he was able to tap into the interests, ideas and ideals of the students. He did very well under difficult circumstances (large group/hot conditions). He kept the students entertained and interested. They were laughing until the end. The messages he delivered were very relevant.” Mike Goodwin, Year 12 Coordinator, Mackay North High, Qld
- “Graham Hyman’s address was brilliant. I have received many comments from employers this week about how important and relevant his comments were. In addition to this, Graham is a genuine, warm, insightful and funny man who reached the audience and his personal qualities shone through in his address.” Lauren Shea, Local Learning and Education Network, Grampians, Vic
- “It was a delightful presentation. 3 or 4 times there was a profound silence which indicated that Graham was making his point. Perhaps in an hour’s presentation this might be lifted to 8 or 10 times.” (Followed up by booking a full day program for year 11’s at student request) Roderick West, Principal, PLC Armidale NSW
- “The response of students to Graham far exceeded my expectations. He has an unnatural ability to captivate his audience beyond the normal attention spans of adults and adolescents alike. Graham has perfected the lend of humour and seriousness so that his audience has a laugh, is challenged, inspired and encouraged all at the same time” Shane Scott, Chaplain Shenton College WA
- “I listened to Graham talking to our year 7 students. In 27 years of teaching I have never seen anyone engage students in such a positive way for so long. His presentations were way beyond my expectations” Janette Meehan, Assistant Principal, Moree Secondary College, NSW
- ‘Leadership is more than a badge’ “A very productive session that was well suited to all of our students. Thankyou Graham for an excellent seminar to start the school year for our year 12’s” Ben Manifold, Dean of Students, Scots PGC Warwick Qld
- “Excellent – the teachers found it an uplifting and entertaining address with a simple yet sincere message about relationships. The keynote speech made a good start to (the conference) with everyone going off to the workshops with a positive attitude. It was exactly what the committee wanted.” Lynne Bell, Principal, Nerang Senior High School, QLD
- “Thank you once again for your seminars last Thursday. The feedback has been very positive from both parents and students. Both groups found the material very relevant and your presentation style most enjoyable.” Ian Paterson, Principal, Homebush Boys’ High School NSW
- “I think Graham’s program is well aimed and always hits the spot. Student feedback was very good , they felt that Graham related well to them ‘spoke as if he was one of us and did not talk like other motivational speakers who were like adults talking at them'” Delwyn Cameron, Guidance Counsellor, Holland Park High School QLD
- “Extremely positive, a realistic view of the world. Could not fault it.” Russell Jackson, Year 12 Coordinator, Toowoomba State High School, QLD
- “Graham’s presentations kept the students and staff captivated. Student evaluations were overwhelmingly positive – they found the content and presentation both engaging and thought provoking. ” Rhonda Shepherd, Year 11 Coordinator Kadina High NSW
- “We greatly enjoyed Graham’s (Half Day) session – the students thought he was a fantastic speaker.” Shirley Classon, Year 12 Coordinator, Kings Christian College, QLD
- “Graham has an exceptional ability to captivate an audience, whether parents or students, with relevant, entertaining and helpful information .. The presentation exceeded my expectations” Ken Green, Principal Longreach High School QLD
- “The (year 7’s) thoroughly enjoyed the presentation and felt that it made them reflect on their own lives and consider the needs of others – especially family – and they now do. An excellent presentation. Children wanted it to be longer!!” Anne Foster, Health & PE Coordinator Leeming Primary School WA
- “An excellent session (UYT) which covered a wealth of material and topics. I liked Graham’s personable approach and the way he dealt with all our expectations at the session .. Thankyou Graham for your time, wonderful effort, and the wealth of ideas and possibilities that you presented.” Elaine Grant, Moreton Bay College, Brisbane , Qld
- “I think we need you here one day longer. Many teachers commented about Graham’s unique and personal approach, and how effective he was – many thanks” Darin Payne, Head of Senior School, Bamaga P-12 School, Qld
- “I appreciated Graham’s approach with the students – they were able to ‘warm’ to him very quickly. I was after a guest speaker (for our Speech Night) who could deliver a grand message. Someone who the students would relate to and would hopefully take from the address messages they would be able to draw upon in the future. Graham’s address achieved all of this.” Steve Croft, Principal, St Luke’s Bundaberg
- “It (address year 6 – year 10 boarders) was very worthwhile. The students are still talking about it days later and seem more motivated in their general approach to life” Cath Turnour, Head of Boarding, Kambala NSW
- “Our parents and indeed staff and students who heard Graham’s speech were very impressed with both his message and style of presentation. We certainly would welcome Graham back on his next visit to New Zealand.” Chris Grinter Principal Rotorua Boys High, New Zealand
- “Very positive comments from students, staff and parents.” “Graham engaged the students very well.” “Very positive – looking to the future. Staff keen to hear Graham again.” David Jones, Chaplain, Gippsland Grammar School, VIC
- “It (Staff Development presentation) was appropriate, informative and entertaining” John Hibble, Iona Presentation College, Mosman Park WA
- “Excellent as usual – it’s great how he keeps up teenage jargon!” Kari Rawlings, Counsellor, Miami High School, Qld
- (Staff Development Day) “Excellent opportunity to connect with why we are in education …Graham’s strength is his ability to make a difference to how you live your life and deal with others. You find yourself reflecting on things said and doing things differently after his presentation and this is rare for a ‘one-off’session” Gail Costello, Dean of Students, All Saints College, WA
- “All students, staff and parents who attended Graham’s sessions thoroughly enjoyed them. I have heard only positive comments like “That was fun” and “I was able to laugh” Jennie Riley, Deputy Principal Woodenbong Central School, NSW
- “(Graham) was real and inspirational to all who heard him and maintained audience interest with apparent ease. Above and beyond all expectations – a gifted speaker. Really got to the heart of issues – you could see the kids responding. At the staff seminar: what and injection of positive. No one wanted to leave.” Janelle Dickson, School Counsellor, Blackall High School, Qld
- “Graham is always outstanding and we look forward to his visits. Graham was spot on for our group. The students really enjoy his presentation and can take away some excellent ideas and attitudes. Year 12: very positive and still talking about it two days later. Year 11: totally relevant for year 11. Staff were most impressed at the content. ” Peter Willis, Leading Teacher, Tenterfield High, NSW
- “The parent response was very positive. People felt empowered to realise that they are not going through this alone or that their sons and/or daughters were normal. Very informative and knowledge can be used in a variety of ways in people’s homes and activities… Humour is essential at this stage and Graham’s presentation enabled parents to remember this ” Kylie, Sacred Heart College, Hobart TAS
- Our initial aim was to reinforce parents with their vital role in an adolescent’s life. This has certainly achieved our goal and much more. Fiona Flegler, School Nurse, Pittsworth High Qld
- “we have never seen the students listen so well to a guest speaker. All came away making such comments as ‘that’s so true’, and how much they enjoyed Graham’s talk as well as learning from it.” Rowena Hale, School Counsellor, Sacred Heart College, Hobart, TAS
- “Graham’s personal style of humour and sensible presentation is well received by our students. He gives examples and scenarios that everyone can relate to.” Darin Payne, Deputy Principal Bamaga State School, Qld
- “Graham continues to provide quality presentations to our year 11 & 12’s. He is able to maintain the interest of students, even in large groups, and especially relates well to those students who need his advice and perspective” Karen Relf, Year 11 Coordinator, Beerwah High, Qld
- “Both the year 11 seminar and the Understanding Your Teenager Seminar were thoroughly enjoyable yet challenging in positive ways. Graham’s humorous and energetic presentations are very effective and the underlying messages prove to be difficult to ignore or forget.” Nicky Horstmann, Year 11 Coordinator, Townsville Grammar School, Qld
- “Very worthwhile in that students, staff and parents were inspired and challenged … many students enthusiastic – some quite enthralled. Feed back very positive.” John Hill Acting Principal Launceston Christian School TAS
- “Graham was able to hold students’ (yr9 & 10) attention for the whole seminar – his humour entertained the students but he was also able to pass on important information to them at the same time. The parent seminar was fantastic!” Jenny Martin, School Nurse Churchlands High WA
- “Excellent and struck a real chord with the crowd. His stories were relevant and amusing. It would be hard not to listen to his messages” Stewart Jones, Deputy Principal, Camp Hill High Qld
- “Graham is a true professional. We have had nothing but positive feedback from parents” Kim & Mark Dunn, P&C Presidents, Lynwood High WA
- “Staff all commented on the great PD – this is a rare occurrence!!” Carol Dyer, Director of Pastoral Care, Monivae College Vic
- “Staff and students alike enjoyed his presentations and were impressed with the level of student engagement during his sessions…. there was a buzz at school that day!” Judith Burnell, Dean of students, Cornerstone College SA
- “Graham was very professional, very thorough, seemed to have a clear understanding what young people are about …. the booklet we received will be very helpful to reflect on what we heard.” Helene Moore, Marion Community Centre SA